Tytherington Family Worship Church was established on the north side of Macclesfield in 1979. Since it’s early days it has grown into a vibrant congregation, reaching out to the people of Tytherington, Macclesfield, and further afield in mission work around the world.
We are a church made up of lots of ordinary people, of all age groups. We love God, love life, and love each other (or at least we are learning how to). Our aim is to be a church family where everyone is welcome, everyone is valued, and everyone can belong.
What kind of church are we? Well, we are independent (also known as non-denominational), which means we are not part of a denomination. Our people come from a variety of church backgrounds, and many from no church background at all. We are also an evangelical church, which means we believe the good news of Jesus (the gospel) is the most important news that anyone could hear.
The church is a member of the Evangelical Alliance – a body which represents over 2 million evangelical Christians in the UK, and also a member of The Willow Creek Association in the UK.
Our vision is to LOVE our community, GATHER around the good news of Jesus, GROW in our faith, and LIVE to make a difference.
Our Leadership Team consists of the Pastor, Elders, and Trustees.
Their role is to set the spiritual direction of the church, to provide care and nurture for people, to empower the members to fulfil the vision, and to provide appropriate legal and financial control and accountability.
A number of team and group leaders help to ensure that the daily and weekly tasks of the church are taken care of.
Board of Elders: Steve Parsons, David Cole, Dave Ray, Martin Cooper, Mike Smith
Board of Trustees: Bob Boland, Karen Wilson, Mike Smith, Steve Clare, David Cole
Steve serves as the Pastor of TFW Church.
He has been involved in full time church leadership and ministry since 1993, becoming the Pastor of TFW Church in September 2016. Steve is married to Danae, and they have 2 children, Chloe and Benjamin.
Steve is also a singer/songwriter and speaker. He has toured internationally for over 20 years, releasing 9 albums, as well as speaking at churches and events around the world. For more information visit http://steveparsons.net
At TFW church we have found that the first and best expressions of care, happen when people develop friendships and loving relationships with others. One of the best ways to do this is by joining a small group where you can share with others, offering and receiving support. This is part of how we grow as a church family.
For those going through more difficult or urgent problems, who feel the need for extra support or advice, please contact the church office and someone from our pastoral care team will be in touch with you.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that the best way to get to know us is by coming to meet us, as a church is more than just a collection of beliefs. But for those who want to know our basic doctrinal beliefs, they are as follows:
We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.